Amazon AWS Review

Overpriced solution which we use to run small instances for our back office applications

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to use the solution for running many relatively small instances for back office applications and various other business important applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It did not improve our organization.

What is most valuable?

There are no particular 'features' which stand out.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be adjusted to provide more advantages versus current on-premise solutions for business applications.

AWS is much too expensive compared to current on-premises solution for this type of work. AWS IaaS is a very generic service, which is extremely overpriced.

More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarGurudeva Kalledevarpurada B
Top 5LeaderboardReal User

If you are just using small instances of some back office applications, Amazon Web Services may not be the right choice for you. Just MS Office may be the right solution for you.

To use Amazon Web Services, you need to build a Business Case First. Go to the Amazon Web Services. Look at the number of Customer Success Stories. Then ask questions like is your business like that of those customers who made success with Amazon Web Services.

You have to answer questions like:
1) Does your application has servers,
2) Does it have variable demand on the servers ??
3) Does the demand need you to scale up/down the servers ??
4) Do you have a large storage requirements ??
5) Do you use large databases ??
6) Are you bringing a new product to the market for which you do not know the customer response ??
7) Are you a Corporate Web site ??

There are many questions like this which you need to answer and show the demand for you to be able to need and use AWS.