Amazon AWS Review

Pay-as-you-go allows us to scale up as needed, giving us a lot of agility in our IT

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is that we run all our IT on it. The performance has been okay so far.

How has it helped my organization?

With the pay-as-you-go model, we don't have to predict future IT needs. We can just scale up as we want. That helps with a lot of agility in deploying stuff in our IT infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

• It's pay-as-you-go.
  • It has a breadth of solutions for databases, data mining, AI.
  • They release new solutions almost every quarter and you don't get that kind of innovation from an enterprise company.

What needs improvement?

The AWS documentation is written in a way that is not very intuitive. That's an area they can improve.

Stability is really good. We have not had downtime so far.

Ours is a new company and we decided to go with AWS right from the beginning.

The most important criterion when selecting a vendor is their ability to help us get started as soon as we can. From the time we decide to deploy something to the time when the application is deployed, we look at which vendor will help us reduce that time.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I think the pricing becomes a problem as the IT organization grows. They need to give better pricing when companies grow.

We looked at all the cloud platforms. AWS had more breadth in the services they offered.

What other advice do I have?

Look for what is required to deploy the apps in your particular organization. For example, if it's AI-driven then probably Google is a better cloud to go after. If there are a lot of Microsoft applications or if developers or the IT staff were trained in Microsoft software, then Microsoft Azure is a better fit.

I would rate AWS an eight out of 10 because it helps companies get started fast.