Amazon CloudFront Review

Easy to install, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for media content delivery to different geographical locations. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable.

What needs improvement?

Its price is really high and can be improved. From the technology perspective, they should have some multi-platform integration. When you are configuring something on top of it, it is geoblocking. There are some limitations for the IP addresses, which other solutions don't have.

They should have more Edge locations so that CloudFront can be used much more. If they can make it a little bit cheaper and better than other networks, we will be able to use it more.

They don't have a lot of PoPs in Asia-Pacific. That's one of the reasons why there is some latency. They can reduce this latency by adding multiple PoPs. If we are concentrating on markets, such as Vietnam, the Philippines, where we don't have PoPs, we have to ride on other providers.

We started to use it six months ago.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

I've never interacted with them. Normally, with the help of the documentation, you can manage it on your own.

It took about half an hour to install it. Its installation is not a big thing, but setting up rules and everything else takes a few hours.

We are a consultancy company. We used to do the installation, and we also used to have a consultancy with other companies.

For its deployment and maintenance, three to four guys are required. One architect is there, and then there is one manager and two engineers.

Its price is really on the high side. It should be cheaper in general.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product. We like Amazon products.

I would rate Amazon CloudFront a nine out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, Akamai and others in CDN. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.