Amazon CloudWatch Review

Scalable with a straightforward setup and great technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for budgeting and monitoring for abnormal behaviour.

What is most valuable?

The permanent marking is something we really appreciate in the solution.

The solution offers very detailed metrics for their services.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really thought about how the solution could be improved and I'm not sure what features are lacking.

The solution should adjust its pricing. We tend to find the costs for using it are a little high.

Right now, in relation to monitoring services, there are too many services and too many metrics per service.

I understand that it's per service but some complex acronyms, etc., make it kind of hard to understand the solution sometimes.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The solution is very scalable. It's one of the reasons we chouse to use it.

We have about 2500 users on the solution currently within our company.

The technical support that Amazon provides is very good. We're satisfied with the level of service we get. You do have to pay for technical support, however, and the best offering is quite expensive.

Before using this solution, we had our own on-premises access.

The initial setup was straightforward. We didn't face any complexities.

The solution is a bit pricey. The solution requires you to pay for technical support, which is tiered, and certain options are quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I don't check the version we use, so I'm unsure if we're using the latest one or not. Since it's a cloud application, I assume it's always the most up-to-date option.

Since Cloudwatch isn't a free service, I'd advise other organizations to really know what they want to monitor to avoid extra costs.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If the solution revised its pricing and simplified its portfolio of monitoring services I'd rate it higher.

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Datadog, Google and others in Cloud Monitoring Software. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.