Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Review

Simple to use interface, helps transition from development environment to production

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product within our cloud-based development environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the seamless transition from the development environment to production.

The interface is simple to use.

The monitoring tool is helpful.

What needs improvement?

Ask set of questions like expected number of users, redundancy, up time per day and etc when creating a new instance. This would help the user to choose the right EC2 configurations.

We have been using Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling for more than a year.

We have had no problems with the stability of this product.

We have not had any issues with scalability since our implementation.

In our development environment, we have 20 members. When it moves into production then there will be more than 1,000.

I have not been in contact with technical support. They have good documentation and we consult it when we have a problem.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The pricing is not fixed and it is based on usage.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to consider their budget in conjunction with the configuration that they need. That is something that you have to be careful with. If it is too high-end of a configuration then you may not use it.

In summary, this is a good product that I can recommend.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)