Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Review

Stable, flexible, reliable, and scales up or down automatically according to your requirements

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is stable, flexible, and reliable.

It is pretty good from a scaling perspective, where if the load on the server is too high, it automatically scales up and the load on the server is balanced. When the load decreases, it automatically downgrades.

What needs improvement?

The technical support needs to be improved.

From a usage perspective, it runs well, although there may be a use case where it will break that I have not yet come across.

I have been using Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling for several years.

This is a stable solution.

The scalability is very good. I have used it at the enterprise level for hundreds of users.

With respect to technical support, there is a lot of good documentation available but the problem is that sometimes when there is third-party integration, support becomes very difficult because they think that the problem is not related to Amazon.

For example, I tried to integrate with some IoT products, and they support integration with Amazon. When I had trouble, the IoT vendor told me that it is Amazon who needed to take care of something on their side, yet when I contacted Amazon, they told me to contact the IoT vendor. They should have more partnerships and cooperation with other vendors to improve integration overall.

As a platform, we are expecting a little bit more in terms of support, especially when third-party integrations are concerned.

We did not use another similar product prior to this one.

There is no installation because it is already taken care of with a configuration tool by AWS.

The price of this product could be a little bit lower.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I haven't face any issues with it. I plan to continue using it in the future, and I can recommend it to others. My primary complaint is about the pricing.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Apache, Oracle and others in Compute Service. Updated: June 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.