Amazon EC2 Container Service Review

Very straightforward to use, easy to deploy; stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We have used various Amazon services including EC2 buckets for storage and the container services for deployment of the application. I'm an integrator and we are customers of Amazon EC2 Container Service.

What is most valuable?

I think this is a good solution with good documentation and is very straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

We faced challenges with AWS and I feel the support could have been better - more timely with their response, more knowledgeable staff and more customer friendly. As a partner, I'd like to see a response from the appropriate team and know that they'd help us throughout. AWS is in partnership with other product vendors in developing the connectors and could have given a direction to another vendor, Tableau, for example, because when we try to use those connectors to hook up the data into cloud, it was challenging and a very difficult exercise to go through with AWS in order to resolve the problem. Both sides tell us it's not their problem.

We have used this solution for over a year.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The support could be more straightforward and faster, and should provide an insight into what could be causing the issue we are having and how to solve it. At the end of the day there are boundaries here. As a system integrator, I definitely need help from the core platform to extend my services to the customer, so that both the platform customer and myself get the benefit, otherwise one of the pieces of the puzzle gets lost.

The initial setup is quite simple and doesn't take much time, I was able to do it myself. I installed it for one of my customers and they have around 200 users. There is no plan to increase use at this stage but we have credits from AWS, and we're using them. Once they've expired, we have to extend to continue to use AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.