Amazon Elasticsearch Service Review

Timely support, recovers easily from failure, and in general it makes our lives easy

What is our primary use case?

We are using Elasticsearch for embedded management and infrastructure management. Our environment includes instances with different tools and components from different companies.

What is most valuable?

In case there is a failure, Elastic manages everything well, and there no major downtime. There may be alternative instances created at the same time.

What needs improvement?

The configuration should be more straightforward because we had to select a lot of things. This included the CPU and the configuration required for the alternative instance. We would prefer that whatever we have configured for EC2 is just copied, and alternate operations required at the user's end can be done with just a simple click. You should not have to enter the details again, such as what memory is required or what CPUs are needed.

We have been using the Amazon Elasticsearch Service for almost a year. I have been working with several Amazon services for about the same length of time.

Definitely, this solution is very scalable.

We are a very big organization. We have approximately 50,000 employees across the globe.

Most of them are using AWS services, so I'm sure they are also very versed in Elasticsearch.

Technical support is good and we get a very timely response.

We were using a Linux-based solution but it was really complicated. AWS has now made our life easy. It's a really helpful product.

The initial setup was straightforward. We followed the AWS guidelines for the process and it worked. I think that the installation took between 10 and 15 minutes.

We are currently using the on-premises deployment but we are planning to implement the SaaS solution. We plan to continue using this solution in the future.

The deployment was done by our cloud operations team.

We have an operations team of more than 20 members to deploy and maintain this solution.

Compared to other cloud platforms, it is manageable and not very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Algolia, Qbox and others in Search as a Service. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.