Amazon QuickSight Review

Reliable, scalable, and has a good user interface, but the pricing could be more competitive

What is our primary use case?

I am a technology consulting service provider.

We are system integrators that help my business customers as a system integrator and I use AWS Services on the machine learning and analytics side.

My area of work is mainly on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

I was using Amazon QuickSight to generate contacts and insights.

There are companies that have contact center operations in order to support their customer queries and to do any in-house analytics on the contact center's performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the user interface.

What needs improvement?

QuickSight is gradually adding new features, but it is not as mature as some of the other products on the market such as Tableau or Power BI.

The cost is something that could be improved, it should at least be competitive at least for a year until they get a good hold on the market penetration.

As I have not yet explored the solution to its fullest, It may already have this available, but what I would like to see is better, drag and drop based integration of the data sources into the Amazon QuickSight dashboard, so that you can automatically integrate it with different types of data cleaning tools.

There could be an end-to-end pipeline for data cleaning as well as presenting it using different visualizations.

My knowledge is brief, I have only used this solution for two to three days.

We are not using the latest version, it would be two to three months before this.

It's a stable solution.

Amazon Quicksight is scalable.

In our organization, I was the only one who was exploring it.

The installation was easy. Because everything is on the cloud, it's all about integration.

I wouldn't say that it is an expensive product, but to stay competitive they would need to bring down the prices.

What other advice do I have?

I am planning to use this solution in the future.

I am going to use it by recommending it to my clients where I can suggest that they can explore Amazon QuckSight as one of their options for business intelligence reporting.

If the customer is satisfied with the pricing and other features compared to other products such as Tableau or Power BI, then I would go ahead and start analyzing.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: February 2021.
464,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.