Amazon Redshift Review
You can copy JSON to the column and have it analyzed using simple functions

What is most valuable?

The features I find valuable in Redshift are JSON format support. You can copy JSON to the column and have it analyzed using simple functions. Second, is the parallel off/on where you can choose if you want it to unload to split files or into one file.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we have lots of data sources and high volumes, we needed a unified and organized DB that can handle these amounts and will be our single source of truth for the organization. Therefore, Redshift is the best solution.

What needs improvement?

It lacks a few features which can be very useful, such as stored procedures, Also, one needs to perform Vacuum in order to manage this DB. It would be nice not to worry about that and have this manageable.

Three years.

Yes. Sometimes, for some reason, Redshift is down (not due to maintenance).

No, cause we know how to use Redshift. We have a cluster of both HDD and SSD for which we keep the maximum data in each, so it would be scalable.

Great. They are available and very helpful.

Initial setup is very straightforward, very easy. No need of any side help.

If you want to think of every query you make but want to know that your nodes are fully managed, then use BigQuery Data Analytics. If you want a fixed price, an to not worry about every query, but you need to manage your nodes personally, use Redshift.

I did not. we did consider using BigQuery Data Analytics, but eventually, we decided to use Redshift.

What other advice do I have?

My rating would be 8.5. This a great product, but one still needs to know how to manage clusters and nodes.

In order to make your DB scalable and reliable. it has the greatest benefit of build on PostgreSQL, so any data specialist that has SQL experience can handle Redshift.