Amazon S3 Review

Reliable, easy to scale and deploys beautifully

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed Amazon S3 in two places, in Ireland and Northern Ireland. These act as storage for all the data, which is there. We have up to three servers there, one of these is an SQL server and one is Windows.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, Amazon S3 is the cheapest and it's reliable.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I don't think there's anything that needs to be improved.

The console could be improved - it's not very user-friendly for non-technical guys and the cost has to improve. It does not give us a clear picture of the total cost.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it an 8.

We are using Amazon S3 for three years now.

It's very stable, you just have to look at cloud security more deeply because otherwise everything gets opened on the cloud.

Amazon S3 is easy to scale - scaling just comes with a cost.

Only the core IT Admin team and I are using this solution. The users do not have access to it.

Amazon technical support is good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. If you don't know how Amazon works, it takes time to set up. Once it is set up then it is straightforward.

We used integrators to deploy as Amazon recommended that at the time in India. They recommended a partner or consultant.

What other advice do I have?

Amazon deployment works beautifully.

If you know what your inside view will look like, you can cut down on your cost.

Look at cloud security when you first configure the architecture.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon S3 reviews from users
...who compared it with Azure NetApp Files
Learn what your peers think about Amazon S3. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.