Amazon SNS Review

Enables us to build solutions for our clients

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for Amazon SNS is for push messaging. We have a chatting application in my project library and so we have the mobile to mobile service for push notifications.

How has it helped my organization?

We build solutions for our clients, they ask us to implement all the documents and features for them.

What is most valuable?

I am a mobile front-end developer so Amazon SNS has most of the features for the backend. I only need to transfer for the front-end push services.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, I would like to have better customer support for SNS. We can then manage it very easily.

Stability has been good for us. It is quite high.

We have two to three guys on the server who handle it and we have six to 10 guys who are the backend developers. The backend developers and server guys, primarily use SNS and Amazon Security.

Four people are responsible for maintenance, two senior backend guys and two server guys.

SNS is not extensively. It's usually used when we get a client's request. We don't have plans to increase usage.

We have also used Google Cloud. We switched to SNS because our developers were more used to it. They can easily adapt it.

We have also used Amazon Lex for the chatbots. We have to give the entitlements entities and some other things that I take and recognize. We can make Amazon Alexa apps for Amazon Lex which is quite different from SNS.

The initial setup is not very complex. We have two full-time employees we require for the deployment and we get help from Amazon server guys who help us for initial setups.

The deployment can take one to two hours.

We see ROI because we use the features that help us and make our product work better. Investing in these features is a good return.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon SNS an 8.5 out of ten. Not a ten because of the stability and customer support.

I develop applications by using SNS and I start by using documents. There should be easier documentation with better points.

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Solace, TIBCO and others in Message Oriented Middleware. Updated: December 2020.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.