Anaconda Review

Good virtualization, great documentation, and has an active supportive community

What is most valuable?

The best part of the solution is the virtualization. You can use Python within the virtual environment. It gives us more than the local environment. In there you can do lots of useful things.

The documentation is excellent and the solution has a very large and active community that supports it.

What needs improvement?

The solution's support is important and needs to be better. I don't have the last update due to the fact that when I tried to update it I had an error and ran into issues. It's not just me; lots of people in the community don't have the last update. If support was better they may be able to address issues like this faster.

The stability could be improved. Stability is very important because if you develop some product or some program, you want a very, very stable software that you can use for more than two or three years.

When you install Anaconda for the first time, it's really difficult to update it.

I can't think of any features that are lacking. Overall, it works quite well for me.

I have been using the solution for about two years now.

The stability is difficult to determine. I've heard of many people having issues. And, right now, a lot of people can't deploy the latest update. The stability could be better, in all honesty.

The solution can scale.

I'm a data science student, so I haven't actually had to scale it myself. I know of others who use it and work with it, and they've never had issues.

The documentation is very, very good for this product. Python and Anaconda have very, very big communities, similar to Stack Overflow and GitHub. If you have a problem or you want some answers, or if you have a request for more information on a certain topic, you can easily find exactly what you need.

In the beginning, the initial setup was complex due to the fact that I began with the virtual environment and the virtual environment is very different than the normal environment. With Anaconda it's very different than the normal Python. We use a document to code like JupyterLab. It's not like normal python code. That makes it a bit tricky.

The installation only took a few hours. It wasn't a lengthy process. It's very quick to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I can't do an update on the solution, so I don't have the latest version. I'm one version behind the latest.

I'm a developer. I work in data science. I work with different data science libraries like Pandas, NumPy, etc., and I use it for analyzing data. Therefore, I'm more of a customer than I am a partner. I don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's quite good. It just needs to be more stable and easier to update.

More Anaconda reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Enterprise Miner
Learn what your peers think about Anaconda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.