Anaconda Review

Stable and scalable but needs a better user interface

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for learning purposes only. I don't use it for any production standard quota, and have not deployed it.

What is most valuable?

When I try to develop an implementer model, I can just do some trial and error and see the output immediately. Then later I can move them onto the Python file. Until that happens, I can see that it's there. That's the most useful feature for me in Anaconda.

We use Jupyter notebooks and it was all available in one package when we installed Python.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be improved. Other solutions, like Visual Studio, have much better UI.

In Visual Studio, we can create projects. I'm not sure it's that kind of feature is possible on Anaconda. In Visual Studio, we can bring a solution and then we can keep multiple projects organized and into it. If there are any libraries, we can have them as well and we can just call them. We can easily link the libraries into the project. This should be possible on Anaconda as well.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability of the solution is good. I'm not sure if we'll be increasing usage in the future.

The initial setup was straightforward. We haven't made a deployment; we just use it for learning purposes.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I haven't been using the solution for too long, and I'm still learning things, so I need to explore more before rating it higher.

More Anaconda reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Enterprise Miner
Learn what your peers think about Anaconda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.