Android SDK Review
The Future of Mobile Application development tools

Valuable Features:

1. Good for freelancers – they can publish and sell applications to end users. 2. It is free and easy to use. 3. It includes documentation that serves as a tutorial, which is good enough to get you started. 4. Android is an open mobile device platform. Many vendors are migrating to use it; hence it holds the future for mobile market.

Room for Improvement:

I am still expecting Android SDK to incorporate flash or similar video tool capabilities.Android powered smartphones are increasing on a daily basis, likewise is our dependence on mobile devices. As an IT professional, I decided to look for tools that will enable me develop some customized applications that will run on Android phones. I have some background in Java programming, so I settled for Android SDK. I had a soft landing downloading the Windows executable file, since it is free. The installation wizard was simple and I was guided on how to install the needed components/plug-ins.

Other Advice:

The development environment is user friendly with options like Eclipse, command line, and other IDE, where one can easily develop, debug, and test an application before deploying it. Android SDK gives access to everything you need in programming mobile device capabilities.

1 Comment

it_user1149Vendor

" Android is an open mobile device platform. Many vendors are migrating to use it; hence it holds the future for mobile market."

I do not agree with you saying it is the future of mobile Development. Right now, what we have is an iOS SDK, Android SDK, BB SDK, Windows SDK,and a few others as well. According to me the future of mobile development is held in responsive web design and cross platform applications. We will be only coding the application once instead of going into the headache of doing the same thing in different SDK's. Also, Response Design holds a crucial key in here. No matter what the screen size is an application must resize its views to fit the viewport of the device.

I am sorry to say that i do not see Android SDK to be the future of Mobile Application Development

12 February 13