- Open source SDK is a boon for developers, especially those who like to customize the underlying kernel/OS to suit their needs.
- UI development through the XML template, is very comfortable for beginners.
- Multiple platform support e.g. can be run on Windows, Linux, as well as Macintosh.
- Can be very easily integrated with 3rd party open source libraries
- Thriving user community helps get answers to your queries.
- A large number of supported third party libraries available.
- Supports one of the most popular IDE Eclipse
Room for Improvement:
- Initial loading of emulator takes a lot of time
- Developing apps for tablets is comparatively difficult because the emulator is extremely slow
- Since all the applications need to be developed from scratch, as there is no template available, SDK is not suitable and requires use of various 3rd party libraries that provide ready to use APIs.
- Developing apps based on GPS, video camera, location, etc. cannot be very easily tested on the emulator and require an actual device.
A very good mobile app development platform with support for developing on various platforms like Wiindows, Linux, Mac, etc. Very good support for integrating 3rd party libraries. Development of apps based on camera, location, maps, etc. requires an actual device to test the app and the supplied emulator cannot be relied on completely.