Anritsu Oscilloscopes Review

Allows us to extract signal loss, skew, and DKDF

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the VNA Condor System, or VectorStar, to characterize materials. In terms of the application space, for us covers everything from five gigahertz up to 110. We utilize the full bandwidth of the product.

We use the product to improve our own materials on all test vehicles because we are a company that sells laminates.

How has it helped my organization?

The information that I can get with the VNA is useful for me to select materials, like copper. All the information that it can provide is really useful, due to the processing of the data. We can extract signal loss, skew, DKDF.

What is most valuable?

With the VNA I can set its parameters, so the tool is very flexible.

What needs improvement?

I think it's available, but the eye diagram is an extra tool that is very expensive. Having it would save me time because, instead of having to simulate, I could see it from the measurement really fast. That would be one less step.

I would like to see them improve the software. The new version can be improved. It's not quite stable. It restarts a lot.

Three to five years.

Technical support is good. Sometimes the software updates are not that stable, but if I call, there's always somebody to help me.

So far, this is the only tool that I have used for S-parameters. If I were to switch it would be because the bandwidth of the next VNA is wider.

It is expensive, but I guess that is why it works.

We also looked at Keysight but Anritsu was the best option.

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really aware of what your needs are for bandwidth, because you can buy things that do more than you really need.

There wasn't much of a learning curve. It was really fast.

In terms of upgradability, the only thing that we can update is the software.

I would rate the product at nine out of ten. I wouldn't give it a ten because of the software. But it's really good equipment. It gives me the information that I need.