Anritsu Oscilloscopes Review

It supports the PAM-4 encoding scheme, and we use that to do our PAM-4 receiver validation

What is our primary use case?

The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial interface.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the test items (cheater tolerance) is a key validation item of our products. With Anritsu, it enables us to inject a different kind of theater, like RJ and SJ. So instead of a feature, we can have a very wide range of tasks from our receiver.

What is most valuable?

It supports the PAM-4 encoding scheme. We use that to do our PAM-4 receiver validation.

It's also quick and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

While the user interface is good, it's a bit complicated because they have so many tabs. If they could simplify it, this would be helpful and appreciated.

In the next release, they could make the capability to inject things, like RM noise. This will enable us to test the interference tolerance.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

Technical support is very effective and good.

We received feedback from our team members (user experience), then we made a product decision.

Pricing is always expensive. It would be better if they lowered the price.

We evaluated Keysight and Anritsu.

We did do a demo. We tested the most important features to see if they met our expectations.

What other advice do I have?

The product meets our expectations, but it has some things to improve.

The learning curve is around several weeks, because they have their documents ready, which is good.

We are not using this product to connect with support connected devices, like IoT development, and are probably not planning to going forward.

Whenever there is a need, we will upgrade to that. However, we are going to evaluate different vendors, then make a decision.