Anritsu Oscilloscopes Review

The Pulse Pattern Generator and Error Detector are co-located, making it easier to use. However, I would like a better GUI.

What is our primary use case?

We use it more on our lab testing for our optical modules and optical transceivers.

What is most valuable?

The Pulse Pattern Generator (PPG) and Error Detector are co-located, which makes it easier to use because I can just probe it directly on the PCB.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is somewhat difficult when it comes to updates, so this is something that they need to improve. I would like a better GUI with navigation. This should make it easier to compare to competitors, like Textronix or Keysight.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth.

Our solution is not field upgradable anymore. If we need to new equipment, we will have to purchase it.

We have local support, though we are not currently using them.

We had a local support guy come in and help us.

The pricing is costly.

We got some test demos and looked at the vendors' samples. It was combination of technical aspects, cost impact, and ease of access. We used the samples or demos for months from the vendors, which made our lives easier during the initial days, because our people understood the product. Though, the time frame of the demos is sort of limited.

Once we have insight into the products through the demo reviews, we can provide our recommendations to management.

We also looked at Tektronix, but they don't work for error detection.

What other advice do I have?

Take a look and do some demos. It will help you decide whether to go with this equipment or not.

It took us about a week to become acclimated to the solution.

We are not using this product to support connected devices, e.g., IoT development, nor are we planning to going forward.