Ansible Review

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is automating security compliance tasks.

It has met our expectations. Automating security compliance tasks is what drew us towards the product initially. It definitely checked the boxes for what we needed to be able to implement.

How has it helped my organization?

It increases our company's efficiency, automating all the simple tasks which used to take hours of somebody's time.

What is most valuable?

It was easy to read and learn. It is a YAML-based syntax, which makes it easily understand and pick up.

What needs improvement?

The user interface on the Ansible Tower product could be better, but it is functional.

It is stable. Being community supported, obviously anytime there are issues, they are spelled out and resolved pretty quickly.

It should meet our needs going forward. We use it in a number of different environments which range anywhere from a handful of servers all the way up to thousands of servers. It has performed and scaled well for everything that we have done.

We are a partner with Red Hat. On the Ansible Lockdown project, we interact with them a lot, though not necessarily the tech support. We interact frequently with the product managers and those types of people.

We also work through the community.

Community
More Ansible reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Red Hat Satellite
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Microsoft, HCL and others in Configuration Management. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.