Ansible Review

I like the automation because it is a time saver

How has it helped my organization?

It's a catch all. We now have a central way of pushing out updates. As long as we have every name of all the hosts on the network that we want to patch on Linux primarily, we have it covered, from one person logging on and issuing the commands, then looking for the feedback from the servers.

What is most valuable?

I like being able to control multiple systems and push out updates quickly with just a couple of clicks of a button and commands. I like the automation because it is a time saver.

What needs improvement?

I have seen indications that the documentation needs improvement. They are providing a "How to Improve Your Documentation" presentation at this conference.

Less than one year.

It is stable and reliable. I don't see any problems with it.

We patch every week and have seven different environments, so now we are dealing with about 300 servers. However, we could increase that to 20,000 servers, as long as we have them in our catalog. We could push that out and be fine.

We haven't had to use tech support, but they are there. If we need to, I am sure we could easily reach out to them. We have an account.

We chose this solution simply because we use Red Hat. We trust Red Hat, and whatever Red Hat puts out, it is pretty solid.

The setup was done by another team of ours that we worked closely with. They walked us through setting up our own, and it's pretty straightforward. Once you install it, stand it up, and get all the configuration files in place, it seems pretty straightforward.

I was surprised that it was so straightforward.