Apache

Apache ActiveMQ Review
It sends large messages at decent speeds.

Valuable Features:

The ability to send large messages at decent speeds.

Improvements to My Organization:

It had no impact on the organization. We used it in a solution we built for somebody else.

Room for Improvement:

Even though there is support from many open source communities, there is still weakness in ease-of-use and ease-of-configuration for more complex scenarios.

The speed is not the highest ranking, but it's well known by users. They chose ActiveMQ for other features, because they know there are other messaging solutions that can work faster, like RabbitMQ, which is not Java written, but rather Erlang.

Use of Solution:

I have been using ActiveMQ for one year.

Stability Issues:

There were no problems with stability.

Scalability Issues:

There were no scalability issues up to the point when I was involved in the project.

I didn't use their technical support, just the classical StackOverflow support. That gave me enough information.

Previous Solutions:

We didn't have a previous solution.

Initial Setup:

The installation was straightforward. The framework we used, Spring, facilitates this integration.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated RabbitMQ.

Other Advice:

Make sure you need all the facilities that a message broker offers, as there are other lightweight solutions out there.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Apache ActiveMQ?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.