Apache Hadoop Review

Good for managing and replication of big data but needs a better user interface

What is most valuable?

The solution is perfect for when you have big data. It's good for managing and replication.

It's good for storing historical data and handling analytics on a huge amount of data.

What needs improvement?

It could be because the solution is open source, and therefore not funded like bigger companies, but we find the solution runs slow.

The solution isn't as mature as SQL or Oracle and therefore lacks many features.

The solution could use a better user interface. It needs a more effective GUI in order to create a better user environment.

I've been using the solution for seven years.

The solution is stable.

What other advice do I have?

I've used the solution under cloud, hybrid and on-premises deployment models.

I'd recommend the solution, but it depends on the company's requirements. If you don't have huge amounts of data, you probably don't need Hadoop. If you need a completely private environment, and you have lots of big data, consider Hadoop. You don't even need to invest in the infrastructure as you can just use a cloud deployment.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if it had a better user interface.

More Apache Hadoop reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Exadata
Learn what your peers think about Apache Hadoop. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.