Apache JMeter Review

Continuously offers new features and plug-ins and has valuable coding features

What is our primary use case?

I set a script reporting and execute test report and analysis on almost all stages of the performance cycle except in regards to requirements and the environment.

How has it helped my organization?

we saved a lot on licenses for commercial tool

What is most valuable?

The features that helpful are the coding and the opportunity to work with the SQL directly in order to report on the data. You can collect all the test data from DB with these and then do post test execution metrics collection as well(if you need DB)

What needs improvement?

RegEx Extractor needs improvement. It's a headache for many people. The solution could use some sort of educational features to offer tips and hints to help users navigate it better. They should improve the manuals and help files. I've searched the internet for answers over the past year or so, and I haven't come across anything that is helpful. The community help files are pretty good, but their own help files are not.

In the next release, it would be helpful to offer more flexible graph handling to be able to combine different metrics into one graph.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

quitre stable but keep an eye on RAM consumption and smart execution tips (can see on their site)

Scalability is good, though you need to be aware of distributed and non guis test execution modes.

It's a free tool, so they don't offer technical support. If you need help, you need to Google and search for answers on your own.

I've used LoadRunner in the past, among other solutions. I switched to Apache because it is free. Other tools are much too expensive and can cost up to $50,000 a year if you are looking at commercial options.

Now Neoload probably the best one (better than Load runner as per my subjective perception) but it's a way too costly

please take a look at ROI and scal of performance tests. For big projects and organizations consider Load Runner or Neoload, but if you have small project, most likely you wil lstop on Apache Jmeter. Also it depends on the protocol support. But because of big community, Apache jmeter has constant income of new plugins developed

What other advice do I have?

For people thinking about implementing the solution, I would advise that they know what protocols they want to work with. I would recommend doing an evaluation of script maintenance. You need to see how stable your automation disk and performance is.

I would rate this solution nine out of ten. The solution offers a lot of plug-ins and a huge, continuously developing community that is regularly offering new features and plug-ins.