Apache JMeter Review

A scalable, stable solution that's very easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for API testing.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is the solution's most valuable feature. Also, the ability to easily create test cases is also very good. It's easy to just ramp up on the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution is new to us. I'm not sure if we're using the full capabilities of the solution yet, but from what we have used, we're quite satisfied.

In future releases, it would be helpful if there was an integration with ALM Octane.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is very scalable.

We're not using too many features of the solution itself, so we haven't needed the assistance of technical support yet.

We previously used LoadRunner. We decided to switch because on LoadRunner scaling up was a problem.  We needed licenses to do so and it was becoming a problem for us to simulate the number of users we were expecting.

The general setup of the solution is straightforward.

Before we chose JMeter, we looked at NeoLoad, but it looked to have the same issues surrounding licensing that LoadRunner did.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

The advice I would give to others would be to look at your requirements and decide if the solution is right for you. For us, it was API testing and JMeter is very good for this.

I'd rate this solution nine out of ten.