Apache JMeter Review

Contains all the features required for performance metrics and is very user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are in the financial industry in India and carry out performance testing. We deal with  SWIFT messages and financial messaging systems. A few years ago we had 2 million transactions in five hours; today it's 2 million in two hours. To measure these performances, I use JMeter for regression. We have Exadata, Exalogic infrastructure. We are users of JMeter and I'm a technical specialist.

What is most valuable?

This tool is very user-friendly and easy to use. It's open-source so there are no costs involved for the non-production environments. It's easily available to anyone who wants to use it and it has all the features required for performance metrics.

What needs improvement?

I think it has some proxy-based dependencies which require specific proxies to be set up or disabled, which causes problems when we are working in certain specific environments that have a proxy setup. When we want it to do a record with some new scripts, there are some challenges there.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable and easily scalable.

The support is very good, with good technical teams. Whenever we get stuck they support us and provide solutions.

The initial setup took only 10 minutes but there were some complications with the product initially having less features. That has been greatly improved. It's easy to do maintenance of the test tools which we develop, and it's easy to maintain as a product. We have around 20 users of this solution.

It's open-source, so there's no cost. If you need some support from the vendors there will be a charge for that.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Most of the support, guides, and tutorials are available on YouTube.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Apache JMeter reviews from users
...who compared it with Neotys NeoLoad
Learn what your peers think about Apache JMeter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.