Apache

Apache Kafka Review
The product is a distributed system for persistent messaging

Valuable Features

The most valuable features are performance, persistent messaging, and reliability. It allows us to persist the message for a configurable number of days, even after it has been delivered to the consumer. The message delivery is also fast.

Improvements to My Organization

We wanted to track the customer activities on our application and store those details on another system(RDBMS/Apache Hadoop). We do extensive analysis with that. This helps the company to analyze the customer activities, such as search terms, and do better.

Room for Improvement

It’s perfect for our requirements.

Use of Solution

I have been using Apache Kafka for two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

We have had no issues with scalability.

We use the open source one, so we did not opt for any technical support.

We started to use Apache Kafka with our application from scratch.

The initial setup was straightforward. We faced some issues during the development in areas such as message producer and consumer. We rectified those with the tweaking the producer and consumer configurations. The documentation is very good.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I don’t have any idea, as we use the open source version.

Other Advice

It's a high-performance distributed system. If you want to track the user activities or any stream processing, then this is perfect. We have used Docker Kafka for our implementation. It's very easy for setup and testing. You could also try the same.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Apache Kafka?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.