Apache Kafka Review

Has amazing throughput, we don't get any delays

What is most valuable?

We get amazing throughput. We don't get any delay.

What needs improvement?

The manageability should be improved. There are lots of things we need to manage and it should have a function that enables us to manage them all cohesively. There should be a default property. It's really hard to manage all these things.

I have been using Apache Kafka for around six months.

It is really stable. The stability is really good. I just installed it on my local machine.

It is scalable.

I use it 24/7. We have to change both packets to Kafka and from Kafka it receives data. We retain the packet for only six seconds.

I haven't needed to contact their customer support. It's quite simple. I didn't need to contact them to manage my application.

It's wasn't so easy for me to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to go through the documents and understand the topics. Learn what its effects are and take care of partitioning.

Based on my experience, I would rate it an eight out of ten. It's quite complicated and the configuration requires a lot of effort. As a developer it is quite hard to go into all these things.

More Apache Kafka reviews from users