Apache Spark Review

Fast performance and has an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm not sure how it has improved my organization but I believe that it's a good product.

What is most valuable?

The fast performance is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The search could be improved. Usually, we are using other tools to search for specific stuff. We'll be using it how I use other tools - to get the details, but if there any way to search for little things that will be better.

It needs a new interface and a better way to get some data. In terms of writing our scripts, some processes could be faster.

In the next release, if they can add more analytics, that would be useful. For example, for data, built data, if there was one port where you put the high one then you can pull any other close to you, and then maybe a log for the right script.

I've been using the solution for two years.

I found the solution stable. We haven't had any problems with it.

Usually, we can fix any issues. If we have problems, we google a little bit to find the issue.

I was using some other systems and we moved to Spark later. We faced performance and other issues with the other solution.

The initial setup was easy. We keep on getting data from different sources so we will keep on porting in little bits. It's not done in a single sitting, so I can't really say how long it takes.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I would rate it an eight or nine out of 10.

For some areas, I would give it ten but I cannot use some parts. If you are going to use it for a consumer then I would be able to recommend it and you should go ahead. It doesn't work for me as I have different clients and different engagements.