Apache Spark Review

Easy to use and is capable of processing large amounts of data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for information gathering and processing.

I use it myself when I am developing on my laptop.

I am currently using an on-premises deployment model. However, in a few weeks, I will be using the EMR version on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its capacity for processing large amounts of data.

This solution makes it easy to do a lot of things. It's easy to read data, process it, save it, etc.

What needs improvement?

When you first start using this solution, it is common to run into memory errors when you are dealing with large amounts of data. Once you are experienced, it is easier and more stable.

When you are trying to do something outside of the normal requirements in a typical project, it is difficult to find somebody with experience.

I have been using this solution for between two and three years.

This solution is difficult for users who are just beginning and they experience out of memory errors when dealing with large amounts of data.

I have not been in contact with technical support. I find all of the answers that I need in the forums.

What other advice do I have?

The work that we are doing with this solution is quite common and is very easy to do.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to look at their needs and then look at the community. Normally, there are a lot of people who have already done what you need. So, even without experience, it is quite simple to do a lot of things.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.