Apache Web Server Review

A stable solution that is cost-effective and straightforward to deploy

What is our primary use case?

I am currently using Apache Web Server and it is integrated with Apache JMeter and Tomcat. I run these solutions in a virtualized environment that is in a private cloud, on-premises.

We are a solution provider and our primary use case is creating web servers on core banking systems.

What is most valuable?

The best thing about Apache is that it is open-source, so implementing my platform on-premises is less expansive than other solutions.

What needs improvement?

Better integration with other environments is needed.

It would be great if technical support for Apache were available in Iran. It is a very important need.

I have been working with Apache Web Server for ten years.

This is a stable solution. One of the people I know is the system administrator of some systems that I have deployed in the past, and those systems are stable today.

Being in Iran, we do not have access to technical support because of sanctions. However, we have been able to solve any problems ourselves.

The initial setup is straightforward. If you are just learning or reading about this solution, the decisions to make are not very complex.

What other advice do I have?

The first point of using these services is that you have to use scripts for deploying the web servers on the systems. They can be effectively used in many platforms and deployed for heavy duties, but tuning and improving them requires some work. Automating with scripts will help to save some time.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to deploy it on a Linux-based server and follow the best practices.

More Apache Web Server reviews from users