Apigee Review

Incredibly scalable with good technical support that is responsive

What is our primary use case?

We are using Apigee as our API gateway.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are scalability and technical support.

What needs improvement?

The definition of the APIs should improve because you can't easily validate the inputs and outputs. Better functionality for validating inputs and outputs would be helpful.

I have been using Apigee for four years.

We are working with a SaaS model and we install the on-premises model version also.

Apigee is a very stable product.

The scalability is incredible. We make an average of 22 million API calls.

We have less than ten people who are developers.

We have plans to increase usage in the future.

The technical support is very good and we are satisfied with it. They respond very quickly and I like it.

I have used several solutions previously, such as IBM API Connect, WSO2 API Manager, and many other API solutions.

It is not suited for small companies. It's expensive.

For a bank, it would not be expensive, but to implement this solution for a smaller company such as an insurance company, it would be too expensive.

The pricing is complicated and not flexible.

The older versions are more suited for small to medium-sized companies. You can no longer pay €20,000 per year.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good API tool.

I think that this solution is very good in some use cases but not very good for some small companies. It can be complicated for licensing and pricing. This is a product that I can recommend otherwise.

Hybrid Cloud
More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.