Apigee Review

Great functionality and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

My current job is to compare all the different API gateways and to create a report for management. We use this tool primarily to secure our API. We have a set of API from our four businesses and we're trying to apply these APIs to multiple applications. For example, third parties can leverage our APIs built to their own solutions and applications and we build applications on top of these APIs. I make the system available like a mobile app. Primarily the API management for the entire ecosystem of AP that we are building and the DGPS are providing, have varied capabilities across the organization. Apigee also acts as a proxy, everything is done within that.

We also leverage the developer portal of Apigee as a main feature, which can be given to outside customers by third parties to build their own applications around our API. One of the standout features of Apigee is the different PolyPhaser functions that we use. For example, we use throttling, encryption/decryption and we also use external AP integration with PV.2 I'm a senior architect and big data engineer and we are customers of Apigee.

What is most valuable?

I like the functionality of this solution.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this solution could be improved and it would be better if it were on private cloud.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

I'm not directly involved in the technical support aspect, but I've heard that the technical team is excellent. They provide support from the beginning until you completely run all your setups.

This solution is much easier to set up compared to any of the other API gateway solutions. There is extensive documentation available.

What other advice do I have?

I would go with Apigee if you have the money. It will give you enough APIs for management. If you're looking simply for one functionality then I wouldn't recommend Apigee.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Apigee reviews from users