Apigee Review

Great security with good mitigation capabilities and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We are using Apigee as the API gateway. We also use it for our preparation. We use the API for security and a lot of other tasks. Our customer use cases don't have any legacy systems. We're using Apigee, however, Apigee doesn't provide for a subscribe-publisher capability. It meant Kafka was just to provide the matching capabilities of Apigee. However, mainly we consider this solution as the API gateway and management system.

What is most valuable?

The security provided by the solution is excellent.

It provides for an on-prem setup. That's very important for us. As the regulation of communication policies. To be able to provide the telecom companies that tool and install their products on-prem for easy management via cloud inside Saudi Arabia is great.

The solution provides very good mitigation capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The integration could be improved within the solution. There is a need to pay more attention to this.

It would be ideal if the solution could provide publishing capabilities as API middleware.

We've just been using the product for a few months for a new project we are working on. It hasn't been that long.

The solution provides a very stable solution for us.

Our mother company has been using Apigee for maybe five years now. I talk with them about making assessments for selecting an API gateway solution. They didn't have any issues with scalability or monitoring. Apigee was perfect for them. We didn't face any issue with it in terms of scalability or even tenability. It's very easy to scale.

As an integrator, we have about five different clients who use this solution. They have a different number of users.

The technical support for the solution is pretty good. We're satisfied with the level of support Google provides. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

The initial setup isn't complex. The setup configuration offers a very simple approach for developing and deploying services in Apigee. It's straightforward. It's easy for our developers to apply a lot of services while offering a faster time to market.

Apigee is not cheap. It's expensive. At the same time, our company is already buying an enterprise license so any company inside the group can use it. In general, however, it's pricey.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Google.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Whether of not this is a good solution for a company depends on a lot of criteria. The budget itself needs to be considered, for example. Apigee is perfect. They provide good support. People from Google are very cooperative as well. They listen for feedback on features.

They don't provide a partnership to just any company. You need strong criteria to get a partnership and to be able to support and feature the license. I like this, to be honest with you. That's already making our implementation easy. We're only dealing with companies that know how to do work in Apigee setup and installation and configuration and they have a long history of providing strong criteria. In general, I recommend Apigee.

More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.