Apigee Review

Flexible with many options, stable, and there are no issues with scalability

What is our primary use case?

There are plenty of use cases. My clients were using for internal API management as well as external API management, including subscription models and pre-payment models.  Essentially, it was for using internal data and selling external data.

What is most valuable?

Apigee gives you plenty of opportunities to set up your workspace depending on how you want to manage your APIs. This is something that the majority of clients like.

What needs improvement?

What my clients don't like is that the on-premises solution is not being treated and maintained as well as the cloud solution.

I know that they are working on the integration of no-code and low-code solutions to make it more accessible to users that have no technical background. This is something that I find very interesting and they should continue working on that.

I was working at a client site where Apigee was being used. I have two years of experience in this environment.

Stability-wise, I haven't observed any major issues with the product.

It is pretty scalable and we haven't reached any limits so far. We have thousands of users. There are a few hundred active internal users, a few thousand developers, and far more external users.

I haven't been involved in any interaction with support.

I would like to see the implementation of further options for billing because as it is now, the opportunities you have in terms of a package are limited. You don't have the choice of too many billing models, which is an issue that needs to be worked on.

My clients have a monthly pricing model.

If you compare this to Microsoft Azure API Management, Apigee is a bit better because Microsoft has no real built-in solution.

What other advice do I have?

Hybrid Cloud
More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.