Apigee Review

Good pricing with excellent API management and has the potential to scale

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for managing the interactions between channels, customer experience systems, and other systems.

What is most valuable?

The API management on the solution is very good. It's likely the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

The pricing is okay.

It is possible to scale the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't really lacking any features.

The user interface could be better. It could be easier to navigate and more user-friendly.

The pricing model could be improved. Things can get expensive for larger companies, or organizations that are growing.

The solution should offer more training to partners. It would help in the understanding of the product by quite a bit.

I've been using the solution for three or four years at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution is okay. We haven't run into any issues.

Larger customers typically have 14-20 users on the product.

For large transactions, the commercial model is proving to be a constraint to some of our customers. For example, they're asking, when the scale grows, the commercial option becomes expensive. Some of our customers, for example, ask for an alternative approach due to the cost of the commercial model.

That said, you can scale. It's not a challenge in terms of doing it, it's just a challenge in terms of cost.

I've never really had to contact technical support, and therefore can't really speak to their level of assistance.

Typically, if I need assistance, I turn to Google or forums and I seek help online that way.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not overly complex. A company shouldn't run into issues setting it up and rolling it out.

I'm part of a services organization. There areĀ various developers, and Apigee users tend to be more than 300 people from our organization. In terms of support, there areĀ 40 people. These are split across different customer organizations.

We are an integrator and can implement the solution for our clients.

The pricing starts off okay, however, for enterprise-level organizations, or companies that are scaling, the price can rise and become costly. If you don't scale too big, the pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

We are systems integrators. We aren't just end-users.

In general, I would rate this solution at an eight out of ten. If the pricing in relation to scaling was better, or if they offered better partner training, I would rate them higher. There aren't really any features lacking and we're largely happy with the product.

More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.