Apigee Review

Very functional with a lot of flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Apigee.

What is most valuable?

This solution offers a lot of flexibility in its features. Other tools like IBM Data Power have limited capability when it comes to features like data control, VPN management and monitoring.

What needs improvement?

I think the portal could offer a better user experience. It's functional and does what it's supposed to but it's not user friendly. I'd also like to see better routing features. Currently routing is limited and the setup is complicated. From a VPN management perspective, I think we would like to have more user training available, particularly for advanced users, without having to pay. There is generally a learning curve for advanced usage and configuration, and troubleshooting is a steeper curve. Whenever we have an issue, we're dependent on support. We'd like our personnel to be better trained by Apigee so we can handle issues in-house.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable and, from an enterprise perspective, it can handle volume which is important for us.

We have good support from Google. They provide onsite support and everything is available to us. We are happy with the support.

The initial setup is quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution. Apigee offers a month free usage so you can play around and explore the product and then make a decision. We had a good opportunity to test things out before purchasing the solution.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Google
More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.