AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Review

Provides end-user visibility, assists with troubleshooting problems, and they have good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use AppDynamics for end-to-end monitoring solutions. Our organization is a crowd BPO and we have deployments in 128 countries.

How has it helped my organization?

We recently integrated with Azure Cloud and AWS CloudWatch. They have been designing their applications such that they require a lot of resources including CPU and memory. Using AppDynamics, we have been able to monitor what is happening using fantastic metrics that it provides. We have then been able to identify the root cause of problems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can see how our end-users are interacting with our application across regions. We develop applications for Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. We do not recommend people develop applications for Firefox.

There are a lot of plugins available.

What needs improvement?

Aternity is a better solution for internet monitoring, so that is an area that could be improved.

I would like to have customizable dashboards to use when I am monitoring certain applications. For example, AppDynamics does not need Power BI-related dashboards because it already supports such functionality. However, I would like to be able to include nicer gadgets or graphs, or perhaps more annotation.

I have been working with AppDynamics for approximately 15 years.

We have 30 to 40 or more applications running in AppDynamics right now, and we are expecting another 30 to 50 to be added in the next six months. This expected increase is the reason that we are evaluating other applications.

We have licensed technical support with AppDynamics and they are really good.

My organization uses both AppDynamics and Aternity. AppDynamics and DynaTrace have higher ratings than Aternity; however, from a cost-optimization perspective, Aternity is better. It provides all of the APM features that the other tools are providing.

AppDynamics is more expensive than competitors.

As we continue to evaluate new products, those by New Relic will be ones that we look at.

What other advice do I have?

I am a big fan of AppDynamics and it is a product I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring reviews from users