AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Review

A stable solution to monitor user behavior, but the functionality needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

It is very useful to monitor user behavior and see the user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to address issues well. For example, if the application is being used worldwide, it's possible that the application is performing well when accessed from the US but that it has issues when accessed from other countries, such as China. So, AppDynamics can clearly show you which users are having issues when accessing your application, and this helps you address it.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution. I have found the features that help me see the user experience to be valuable. For example, it will tell you all the visual screens on the mobile application that a user has been visiting. It will also show you how long they have been visiting this particular screen and all the actions the user has taken on the browser.

We can view the end-user experience and end-user response time. For example, if your application is performing well but the users are still complaining, then you will be able to investigate whether it is a network issue or a connection issue.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring will give you these types of details. It will tell you from which part of the world your application is being accessed, it will give you the page rendering time, how the page is behaving, and when it is being accessed from different parts of the world.

What needs improvement?

If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions. I think this could be improved.

There are different things which can be achieved using Core Change, but it cannot be easily done using the configuration change on the controller.

Also, functionality could be increased on the End-User Monitoring side.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is stable.

I think that it is scalable.

Their technical support is good, but there's room for improvement. The way the technical support staff handle the user could be improved.

Also, technical support staff could be faster and more knowledgeable. They need staff who are more technical. Most often, they ask a standard set of questions, even if they are not relevant to the particular case that has been raised. This could be changed.

The installation is pretty simple. It is a Core Change. For example, if you have to implement End-User Monitoring for a particular browser application, then you will need to inject the JavaScript Agent on the code. This usually takes about one or two hours.

We implemented it ourselves.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it. We currently have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

There are very few products which use End-User Monitoring, and I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring at seven on a scale from one to ten.

More AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, ITRS, Elastic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.