AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Review

Enables you to have visibility into your users' journey and has good session monitoring features

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the one that enables you to have visibility into the end-users journey.

I also like the session monitoring feature.

After 4.4 to 4.5, there were huge improvements in the interface.

What needs improvement?

AppD is really cool and a unified solution for both APM and APM centric Analytics side. We can show almost all business data within the APM context from the end-user perspetive. But this process is a little bit manual. If they catch and map business journeys based on customer interaction on the browser automatically, it should be really fine.

I have been using it for five years.

It's very stable. I have used AppyDyanics for around five years and I installed it for around 100 customers and I never had any issues. It's very stable.

One of the biggest finance companies in Turkey has around 4.5 million end-users. There are around 100,000 users who use their mobile application and there's no negative effect on the controller and customer app side.

I have contacted technical support, level three. We also contacted their development team.

The main difference between this solution and Dynatrace is that Dynatrace uses web server agents. AppDyanmics we don't need to install any agents to collect browser metrics.

Some customers would say that it's hard to deploy the AppyDynamics site but AppDynamics is more flexible and configurable. Most of customer browser apps can crash or facing issue with Automatic injection method which is provided by DT web server agents

We work with around 20 different banks. We deploy the browser solution with manual injection but for some well-known products, we use an automatic injection. We use three different methodologies for the deployment injection because we have big customers.

The initial setup is very easy, not complex.

We currently only count the pages. We measured around 10 million pages in a year which is equal to one agent, one license. But nowadays a single page application is very popular. So AppDynamics has some kind of iframe where we counted 50 million pages which we can say equals one agent, one license.

It could be a disadvantage between this and Dynatrace because it has session-based counting. It gives the customers an advantage.

What other advice do I have?

You should focus on the simplicity. Products should be simple and flexible. AppDyanamics is flexible to configure a user's monitoring site. If you want it to be plug and play, then you should go with Dynatrace or New Relic but if you want a flexible solution with good configuration options with "Business IQ" then go with AppDynamics. You can measure the business data at the beginning of the end-user transaction.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. No solution is perfect. It has room for improvement. Every product needs to improve

More AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring reviews from users