AppDynamics Database Monitoring Review

A good monitoring solution for medium-sized businesses with fairly good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring. We are monitoring the customer experience of our banking solutions for external customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are customer management and user experience management.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the server size for AppDynamics to include middleware products, which it doesn't yet cover. If they add middleware for sophisticated sites, AppDynamics would be the global choice.

I've been using the solution for 1 year.

It's scalable, but it comes with a cost if you add more applications. Technically, it is scalable, but from a cost perspective, it costs much more if you add more.

They can monitor billions of transactions because they're not monitoring all transactions. They're monitoring samples. So, they can offer good monitoring for the huge sites.

Technical support is very good.

The initial setup for AppDynamics wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either. It has a medium level of difficulty. Deployment takes about three months.

Pricing isn't bad, in comparison to Dynatrace, which is much more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the solution strongly for those with medium-sized businesses. It's not for enterprise solutions or enterprise businesses. It's a great solution for the non-enterprise client.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.