AppDynamics Database Monitoring Review

Scalable, stable, and good for monitoring transactions

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring the transactions of our user's in-app purchases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the ability to discover and track transactions.

What needs improvement?

We also use Oracle Fusion and the actual tracing of your transactions on Oracle Fusion is difficult because they use an asynchronous type of tracking between the nodes. It makes it difficult for AppDynamics to track.

The user access management could be a bit better.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability has been good so far.

In terms of scalability, you may need a bit more resources in terms of hardware to scale the solution properly. The solution collects a lot of data, so you need a lot of capacity to handle it. However, if you are on the cloud, I believe there would be fewer restrictions.

We have 50 people on the solution and we use it every day.

We've been very satisfied with technical support. Whenever we've had an issue they've been able to assist.

We previously used DynaTrace, but we switched to AppDynamics because the pricing was much more reasonable. DynaTrace was also not easy to implement. We needed someone who knew about how to code it.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment took about half a day.

We typically have a local supplier assist us with the implementation.

The pricing is very good. You get good value, especially if you compare it to DynaTrace.

What other advice do I have?

We currently use the on-premises deployment model but we are in the process of moving over to the cloud.

The solution is a good tool. I'd advise others to use the cloud deployment model so that you don't need to worry so much about having enough infrastructure if you you want to scale.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.

More AppDynamics Database Monitoring reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics Database Monitoring. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.