AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Review

Enables us to easily simulate an error after a crash; should demonstrate the battery consumption metrics

What is our primary use case?

In terms of our use cases, we monitor cloud instances and application instances. When we do performance testing, we monitor all the metrics, like server-side metrics, as well as the client-side metrics. If it is a browser with real user metrics, mobile user behavior kind of things, we'll monitor it as well.

What is most valuable?

Whenever the application crashes from user behavior, we can easily simulate the error. We are happy with this feature and find it to be valuable.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvements we would like to see, we want to understand what the battery consumption metrics are whenever a user is viewing something in an app. It would be really helpful for us if we could get those details levels.

I have been using AppDynamics for the past four years.

We use on-premise, cloud, and public versions.

The stability is quite strong. We never experience any downtime. The only thing is that sometimes the agents get stuck where CPU memory metrics will not be recorded. Once we restart those agents, it will work as usual.

I am satisfied with support. We have a dedicated team that works whenever required. If we have any issues in any of the systems, we will send that email to them and they respond immediately. Their response is quick.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Whenever a user uses the device and does a transaction on his phone using some of the apps we want to know how much battery consumption it is taking. We want to understand those level of metrics.

I would definitely recommend this solution. The reason being that it gives more information than we generally need. Whenever we create automation or performance scripts and we want to understand where exactly the crash report is happening, this tool would give more information. Dynatrace is also another tool that gives more information.

Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, VMware, Aternity and others in Mobile APM. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.