AppDynamics Review

Easy to use and install, with good instrumentation for performance testing, and good alerting

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for performance testing and transaction tracing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flow map.

It's easy to use, and the instrumentation is also good.

The alerting mechanism is very good.

What needs improvement?

I am a monitoring administrator and one of the biggest issues is that it doesn't have a large environment for support. We work in a large environment with nine to ten separate controllers in different processes.

We can configure but it cannot synchronize the data, so it has to be done manually.

I felt that it's a bit complicated on the administration side.

I would like to see more artificial intelligence and machine learning brought in to monitor the statement and payment sum issues we have. That would be very helpful.

I have been working with AppDynamics for approximately two years.

There are limitations in the metrics collection. It is filling up the disk space.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We completed the installation ourselves.

Pricing is handled by another team.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend this solution for others who are interested in using it for the alerting mechanism. Also, if they wanted to have more clarity regarding the application and the transactions that are stored, this product works well.

More AppDynamics reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.