AppDynamics Review

Enables us to track down slow transactions quickly.

Valuable Features

Transactional awareness. The team really enjoyed being able to track a transaction from start to finish. Not really a feature but I find the interface easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization

Gave us a tool to track down slow transactions quickly.

Room for Improvement

LDAP integration.

Use of Solution

1 year

Just LDAP integration.

We haven't seen any stability issues.

We haven't seen any scalability issues.

Customer Service: 8 out of 10 - I felt that the AppDynamics team was very engaged and more than willing to help but we never really got to a reasonable solution within the timeframe I had.Technical Support: 7 out of 10 - same reasoning as above.

AppDynamics setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

In-house
Get A Guided Tour

Take a no-obligation guided tour of AppDynamics APM that walks you through key features and benefits.

4 Comments
kapilmalik1983ConsultantTOP REVIEWER

Did you use windows AD to authenticate users? or use linux LDAP or some other?

08 June 14
Systems Engineer with 51-200 employeesReal User

Yes, we use AD in federation mode. Its not a easy implementation because the URL that you need to huge become complicated. In the end I set a apache in form redirecting the traffic, to make the life of my users easier.

09 June 14
kapilmalik1983ConsultantTOP REVIEWER

What I am concerned is licensing and pricing. So, we might need to opt for linux ldap only due to its open source and its integration with AppDynamics is going to be a bit complicated. Could you please also share whether you got support from AppDynamics regarding AD integration or were you able to do it inhouse?

15 June 14
Senior Systems Engineer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

If you use openldap you may not even run into any issues. We called on both in house resources and the AppDynamics team to enable AD login. The AppDynamics support team was very eager to help us with the LDAP issues we were faced with. I expect that they will get you dialed in (if you even need it).

16 June 14