AppDynamics Review

Without any prior knowledge of the application structure, we use it to identify the root cause of performance issues.

Improvements to My Organization

In a few clicks, we are able to identify the root cause of performance issues, without any prior knowledge of the application structure nor its components. And this was true for both Java and .NET.

Valuable Features

• Flowmap
  • Snapshots
  • End-user monitoring (web and mobile)

Room for Improvement

• Analytics
  • SQL statement monitoring

I have not encountered any stability issues so far.

I have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

Technical support is excellent.

We used to use CA APM. We found AppDynamics much more user friendly, easy to spot performance issues, and great unified end-to-end monitoring capabilities.

Initial setup was easy and straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The product’s licencing policy is competitive. However, properly identify and size your needs to get the best rate.

Other Solutions Considered

We also evaluated CA APM, Dynatrace and New Relic.

Other Advice

Properly identify your needs, and allocate the required resources. Otherwise, you might face some scalability issues.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Get A Guided Tour

Take a no-obligation guided tour of AppDynamics APM that walks you through key features and benefits.

1 Comment
Anton KasimovConsultantTOP 10

We are waiting for ability to add private locatons feature for Appdynamics synthetic. Now, Appdynamics cannot check internal web resources behind firewall

11 October 16