AppDynamics Review

AppDynamics Excels In Terms Of Implementation & much more effective in terms of business insights

What is most valuable?

• Unified Monitoring
  • Application Performance Management
  • End User Monitoring
  • Infrastructure Visibility
  • Application Analytics vs Business Insights: real-time insights into IT operations, customer experience and business outcome.
  • Business iQ to Transform your application performance monitoring into business results.

What needs improvement?

• Full-stack network monitoring in terms of monitoring the router, switches, hubs, etc.(Third-party tool integration should be enabled).
  • It should be monitoring jitter, retransmission, retransmission timeouts, Nagle delays, Window size or other network issues.
  • Solution should be enabled to integrate with a storage monitoring platform.
  • SAP applications full-stack monitoring.

Three to five years.

Did not have any issue with Stability.

Did not have any scalability issues.

Customer service is good and prompt.

Technical support is good.

I have used Dynatrace Ruxit, New Relic APM solutions. We did not switch to Appdynamics, still we are using other Application Performance Management solutions. It depends on the customer requirement and APM fit for the application.

Dynatrace Ruxit-

* One Agent solution to support multiple technology and platforms.

* More technology and platform support

* displays All the problems at one place.

Limitation-

* Dashboard customization is limited and cannot create more executive dashboards. It does not connect the dots between application performance and business outcome.

* Its infrastructure auto discovery is not much more effective compare to AppD.

NewRelic-

Limitation -

* Only have SaaS model

* Multi platform or technology support is limited.

* Infrastructure Auto discovery is not effective.

* it does not have any open API's to customize the operation like to integrate JIRA

Agent configuration/deployment is straightforward. We can have enterprise deployments being monitored

We implemented through an In-house team.

Yes, Riverbed, Dynatrace Ruxit, NewRelic

What other advice do I have?

AppD is more effective in terms of business insights- Connect the dots between application performance and business outcomes with custom dashboards.

Get visibility into the business impact of customer experience quality

Breaks the Silos and create the common language IT and the business.

Can see business results in real-time