AppDynamics Review

It helps us to find underlying problems, some of which are not so evident.

What is most valuable?

AppDynamics shows different tiers of our application from front-end to back-end, so it's really easy for us to toggle down to each tier and find the bottleneck.

How has it helped my organization?

Last year, I worked on the load and performance test for our service. AppDynamics allows us to know how long requests to our service take. From that, we can know whether there is a database delay or some other reason. It really helps us to find underlying problems, some of which are not so evident and are waiting like a bomb inside our system. This is one of the benefits AppDynamics brings us.

What needs improvement?

Actually, it still takes some time when I want to find some requests in time ranges. It's a little slow. I think maybe they could improve there.

I like to check real time requests and whenever I select a time range in APM, I feel it responds quickly. And the data looks very correct. So I think it has good stability.

APM checks a lot of our loads and we have lots of similar environments. Our system requires a lot of scalability.

I have not used technical support.

I feel AppDynamics is really unique, because I really want to check our loss. We have lots of similar products to choose from like Elastic, Kibana, and Datadog but for the server stuff, we only have AppDynamics. So I feel it does a really good job and is really unique in the industry, and I don't think other products have all the features that AppDynamics can provide.

I was not involved in the initial set up. I just use APM.

No, we didn’t have any other vendors for server monitoring solutions; only AppDynamics.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is just to play with it. It has so many dashboards and it's very intuitive and easy to understand. The visualization is also very good.

Regarding choosing a vendor, I think the most important thing is that they keep updating and improving the product. They also need to have great customer support. We want to have very precise data regarding real time data on the server.