AppDynamics Review

Provides valuable metrics and integrates with other systems

What is most valuable?

The way APM works with the different applications, as well as the various analytics and metrics that it provides.

Right now we are not using it with any other products but we will soon be integrating AppDynamics with ServiceNow.

How has it helped my organization?

We just started using it so it is a little too early to tell but we have already seen how APM finds the issues with the different applications, which is very important for us. That has really improved a lot of business areas and business transactions for us.

It has been pretty stable for us so far.

We haven't gotten to the point yet where we have tested the scalability since we just started using it.

We were using Nagios but we wanted more application analysis, which Nagios does not provide.

The setup was not really straightforward. We were able to do it because we got help from AppDynamics. But it was definitely not straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to my colleagues that they start using it as soon as possible for their applications.