AppDynamics Review

Error analysis in the troubleshooting sections go straight to the point.

How has it helped my organization?

Now, my team is not that close to the APM information. Using AppDynamics, it was possible to delegate how to read information on the client side because of how easy that is.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Error analysis in the troubleshooting sections go straight to the point.
  • Autodiscovery of transactions.

What needs improvement?

If you are analyzing real time dashboard or metrics, AppDynamics will give you a refresh each minute, no matter what number you are watching.

This is a real situation when you are facing the screen during a load test or a the "hot" midnight of cybermonday for instance. When you have high stress of visits I do not know if you are more stress because of the amount of visits or because you have to wait eternal 60 seconds to find out it things are going well or you already have mess. And is even worse when you see suddenly a worse number but you do not know if this is a an spike or meanwhile your system is already "down", You just think in other tools with high "resolution" like CA (every 15 seconds.

Once you reach the limit of sizing in resources, the application becomes unstable.

We did not really encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is 3/10.

Technical support is 6/10.

We previously used Introscope, which was difficult to use and not intuitive at all

Initial setup was easy going with a wizard.

A local vendor with a very good level of expertise implemented it for us.

I have never calculated ROI, but I need to do that.

It is not a cheap tool, but you also save in manpower to setup because it is easy and fast. At the end of the day, I think the revenue is much better.

BUT, they have an awful co-term mode of licensing.

Two years ago, we evaluated Dynatrace and New Relic.